Sunday, April 23, 2006

I am a wimp

Took me ages to summon up the courage to go outside today. It's so cold it made my nose bleed but everyone says it's a nice warm day so I am trying to look like I think that too. Got chased by quite a cute husky dog on the way to the scientists canteen. They were all eating enormous pancakes. One of them has been telling me about something called something like muckyuck which is some part of a whale. Made him stop because if I get offered it I think it will be easier not to know. Am about to go out on a snowmachine with some researchers who are setting up some complicated snow thickness monitoring system. Going to try and film them. Hope my camera (and fingers) survive. I am hearing about a legendary man called Carl who goes out to rescue people when the weather is too bad for helicopters and who cut a passage for the whales when they got trapped by the sea ice after the Navy tried but couldn't break it. I want to meet him!

2 Comments:

Blogger slummy mummy said...

ice fairy, fly away and find carl. i need to know more! x x x

5:25 PM  
Blogger Ice Fairy said...

On my way!

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home